Our products are handcrafted using the very best clay bodies available. We want you to be confident in your purchase and gain the maximum life from your Marloe Marloe pieces, so we have compiled the following guidelines to assist you when caring for your pieces.
- Please handle your piece with upmost care
- Hand wash only
- Dry with a soft cloth
- Please note; our Lava glaze is not food safe. Please do not use as a food surface.
- Please ensure you have adequate stock and exercise correct rotation to ensure the longevity of your pieces.
- Careful handling will extend the life and reduce replacement costs.
- Ensure your staff are aware Marloe Marloe pieces are handmade.
- Wherever possible, use the appropriate racks for storage.
- Make sure that handles/spouts do not knock together when stored.
- Ensure minimum contact with soft metals to reduce metal marking, which can be caused by a number of factors including, poor quality cutlery; stacking pieces with metal ancillary items such as teapots; and abrasion with metal countertops. - To avoid scratching the glazed surface, take care when handling that surfaces do not slide over one another, especially items with an unglazed foot.
- Sometimes, the incorrect washing of your ceramics may cause damage. To avoid unnecessary damage and to preserve the appearance of your purchase, we make the following recommendations for washing ceramics.
- Set the dishwasher temperature for wash and rinse cycles on the coolest setting and follow the manufacturer's guide for detergent dosage.
- Assess water hardness and make sure water softeners are used.
- Please service your dishwasher regularly, according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Wash before using for the first time and ensure items are washed promptly after each use.
- Do not soak your ceramic pieces or bleach with harsh chemicals as this may compromise the glazes surface.
- To remove coffee stains cups should be wiped with a damp soft cloth regularly.
- Use plastic or rubber scrapers to remove leftover food before washing, as metal utensils or abrasives may damage the glazed surface.
- Plastic racks are recommended, with compartmented boxes for cups, as plastic covered metal baskets can cause metal marking when they become worn.
- Never wash cutlery or other metal items with Marloe Marloe pieces, always use specially designed cutlery baskets.
- Whenever possible, prevent pieces from coming into contact, by using well-designed racks to avoid the pieces knocking together during the wash cycle. As this can cause chipping and cracking of your pieces.
- Use a mild de-stainer to remove stubborn marks as strong detergents and/or excessive concentrations will attack glaze and damage surface decoration including gold lustre and decals.
- Always handle your ceramics with care. Your pieces are handmade in small boutique batches and require extra care when handling. The better care you take of your product, the longer its service life will be.
- To reduce the possibility of thermal shock, sudden extremes of temperature should be avoided e.g. after dishwashing allow your pieces to cool before using. Never pour cold water into a hot cup.
On-Glaze and Gold/Platinum Decorations
- On-glaze decorations should be handled with extra care as they are more susceptible to attack from detergents and abrasion.
- Due to the metal content of gold/platinum decorations, these items should not be used in microwave ovens.
Semi-Matt Glaze Finishes
- Please note the semi-matt glaze finishes on a product will tend to show wear and tear to a greater degree.